Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Prompt #4


Me: Ok let’s start my homework now. We are going to start with the math.
Mind: Yuck. I hate when we do homework. Can’t we just play online games for a little? There are new games up today.
Me: Yes, but only after we finish math history and English all need to get done and they aren’t doing themselves.
Mind: ok, let’s try to do it as fast as possible because I want to see the new games.
Me: well I want to try hard to and not just rush through it
Mind: Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever you say.
Me: what page was the math homework on again?
Me: Ha ha very funny
Mind: I know, the games have a little math
Me: I really need to get this done and I promise that we can go play games after
Mind: hmm… I wonder if there is a new episode of family guy on T.V. tonight
Me:  I just need the math homework so I can do the work and then we can do whatever we want.
Mind: are you sure, do you promise?
Me: Yes just tell me the page and I will do the work and
Mind: ok but I really want to play games and watch family guy when you’re done
Me: ok I promise just tell me the pages
Mind: ok it’s on page 176…

8 comments:

  1. I like how you use a homework scenario. My computer always distracts me and I can never seem to give in to what I actually want to do at that moment. Procrastination, even though im getting better, is still one of my flaws and I can relate to this very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the contrast between the intentions of your mind and your self really seem to co-align with each other. I also love when you write:

    "Me: what page was the math homework on again?
    Mind: www.addictinggames.com
    Me: ha ha very funny"

    The causality really brings the conversation to life, as well as the funny tone thrown in once in a while! I can also really relate to this idea of procrastination. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a very funny post because like most people playing games is much more fun then doing homework. I can understand where you are coming from because i do the same thing half the time hahah. You did a really good job on this post because a lot of people can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a such a relatable argument with oneself. Getting started is always a drag. I liked how you were in such opposition with yourself but were able to use sarcasm like Liz gilbert did in a lot of her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how stubborn your mind is. I also love that your mind has a sense of humor "addictinggames.com." I think this is something most teenagers can relate to because we all procrastinate, especially about homework, because we all very much dislike that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this because I feel the same way about homework, I always get distracted by my computer. There was also humor incorporated which made it more interesting to read! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate, in fact our blogs are pretty similar. Loved the part when you mind says the games have a little math in them, like its making excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you are somewhat compromising with your mind. You seemed to overpower your mind by giving it ultimatums and at the end you satisfied both! great job with connecting the 2

    ReplyDelete