
I like giving things. When I give things to other people, I always feel happy or warmth inside. What I like even better than giving things I like getting things. Getting things is a great feeling because then I feel like I can amuse myself for a long time. Because of my ADD, I always am looking for something to entertain myself. It is just something that I do. When I got my Xbox, I was really excited because I knew it was something that would be able to entertain me for a long time. One of the big things in Judaism is called "tzedakah". It is charity, and there are ten ways of tzedakah. The number one way is to give to someone to prevent them from getting poor. This is important because one time I gave was for my bar- mitzvah project. I donated 1000 books to local schools and hospitals that were in need. It is a time I felt good about giving. in the books and on the inside cover, I put my name and who it was donated from, and every now and then I see one of my books floating around and I always get a smile on my face.
I like how you connected your religion to the post. I also talked about mitzvah, and I think its good that you can make a self to text connection. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you gave 1000 books. I'd love to do something like that, I think it's also really cool that you see them around sometimes. I like how you address receiving and giving in your blog.
ReplyDeleteGarret I really like the way you feel when you give. When I do I feel the same way. Great entry you were really able to convey how you feel!!
ReplyDeleteGood job
I like how you used your bar mitzvah as an example of giving. I remember doing my mitzvah project and feeling really good after.
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you are able to admit that you love getting just as much as you love giving. I think we all feel the same, perhaps on different levels, but it is telling that you can be so confident in both your giving and your getting to put receiving and xbox on the same level as donating 1000 books. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting how you juxtapose your love of getting and the joy you received from giving. It is clear that you felt good after helping so many people by supplying books and that shows how meaningful your idea of giving is. I understand what you were talking about with your ADD, but remember, giving is something to do too. Nice job, jelly!
ReplyDeleteI really like your mitzvah! My mitzvah was giving back to hurricane katrina victims. It is always good to give back and at times makes you feel better about receiving.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great how you linked your religion to your reason behind giving. It seemed more on the view point of the receiving side. I interpreted that you're constantly looking for things to take. Not many people can admit to that need or want but it's great that you expressed it here.
ReplyDeleteI remember the book drive that you did, but good job. I like this post very much. I love that you incorporated your bar mitzvah into this.
ReplyDeleteGarret I can relate to this post, as I wrote something similar in mine. I explained the act of giving to the poor and doing so especially when others don't know you did. When you start acting like this without having to let others know, you are doing good in the world
ReplyDelete