Thursday, November 4, 2010

On Joy & Sorrow

Joy and Sorrow. Joy and sorrow are opposites and they use each other to effect each other. The more sorrow that one feels the more joy they can feel in the end. It is like the theory of ying and yang, that opposites fuel each other. There are lots of joy but there is only one true joy, and that is love. There are lots of sorrow but there is only one true sorrow, and that is loss. These true things can cause the real pain and real happiness of life. The lowest lows create the highest highs and vice versa. My greatest pain was losing my grandfather and great-grandmother on the same day. My greatest joy was my parents bringing home my baby sister from the hospitals. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows shape us and those are the moments that show who people are.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you used the idea of ying and yang to explain concepts in this chapter. I wrote about the same chapter, and said a lot of what you said about joy and sorrow affecting each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you introduced the thought of "ying and yang" to represent joy and sorrow. I like that you said that joy and sorrow are opposites then related them to love and loss and those are two opposites as well. I really like the last line about your highs and lows shaping the person who we are, I definitely agree. Good job

    ReplyDelete